develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from January 2010

Writing tests with WWW:Mechanize

From:
Rene Schickbauer
Date:
January 13, 2010 08:02
Subject:
Writing tests with WWW:Mechanize
Message ID:
4B4DEEAC.3020003@gmail.com
Hi!

I'm currently writing some tests using WWW::Mechanize. In "normal" mode
it works quite well.

But when i use it in a script after i start HTTP::Server::Simple in
PreForking mode (through my Maplat::Web module) and background the
server, cookies don't work anymore with WWW::Mechanize. I new() the
module *after* preforking, so this shouldn't be a problem, should it?

I can see in Wireshark that the webserver sets the cookie string, but on
the next request Mechanize does not send the cookie back to the server.
When i explicitly set HTTP::Cookies with a file as cookie jar (and
autosave enabled), the cookie also does not get written to the file.

Any ideas?

LG
Rene