develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from January 2010

Perl 6 and the CPAN?

From:
Ovid
Date:
January 2, 2010 07:27
Subject:
Perl 6 and the CPAN?
Message ID:
5646.8838.qm@web65715.mail.ac4.yahoo.com
Hi all,

I've started writing Config::INI, an INI reader/writer in Perl 6.  It's on github at http://github.com/Ovid/Config-INI.

This has raised several interesting issues, but the  most important is that I didn't check the CPAN, but it turns out Ricardo Signes has a Perl 5 version:  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Config-INI/.  Can we have identically named P5 and P6 modules on the CPAN?  We should be able to, but I don't that will actually fly.

I know there was a fair chunk of discussion regarding Perl 6 on the CPAN, but have we gotten anywhere?  More and more Perl 6 code is being written and sooner or later, people would like someplace to put it other than github or code.google.com :)

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Buy the book         - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/