develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Incorrect guessing the part of CPANTS

From:
Andy Lester
Date:
June 19, 2008 12:52
Subject:
Incorrect guessing the part of CPANTS
Message ID:
9C7152FB-F592-42DA-95C1-E710B0D0E5B2@petdance.com
I looked around at the CPANTS assessment of ack.  It's got some big
errors.

* It thinks that the Util I ship in t/ for the help of tests is a Util
in another distro.  See http://cpants.perl.org/dist/prereq/ack

* CPANTS thinks that Win32::File is a prerequisite, when it very
specifically is not.  The require for Win32::File is in an eval, so it
is fine if it doesn't exist.  See http://cpants.perl.org/dist/kwalitee/ack

* The overview complains about lack of examples and POD coverage.  http://cpants.perl.org/dist/kwalitee/ack
   However, neither examples nor POD coverage tests are appropriate
because ack is a single program, with no user serviceable parts inside.

* And, a suggestion: Add links to the project home page and the
project's actual bug tracker on http://cpants.perl.org/dist/external/ack

xoxo,
Andy

--