develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Re: Template oriented module

From:
Ivan Wills
Date:
June 18, 2008 23:12
Re: Template oriented module
Message ID:
5d857fbe0806182312l3b85c184i7f45d4d5ba230801@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Ivan Wills <ivan.wills@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been working on converting a script that I have been using for my
> self for a while which I use as a templating engine in vim and for creating
> whole new files (and soon creating whole directory trees from templates). It
> uses template toolkit for the actual templates.
>
> I have several questions about this before I try to put the module on CPAN
> first what should I call this (my current script is called itemplate but
> that doesn't seem to fit with CPAN naming conventions).
>
> The next question is should I include the templates I use with the module?
> I have templates that generate perl scripts and packages that follow PBP as
> well as XHML skelitons etc. If I include these template files, how do I make
> Module::Build install them and how do I determine where the templates have
> been installed so that I can create the Template toolkit path correctly?
>
> Finally I have been thinking of creating  a module to handle svn (or cvs,
> net etc) like commandline parameters (ie cmd subcmd -parms ...) which I will
> use with this module (and also sick on CPAN). It will use Getopt::Long for
> most of its functionality but will be able to do work of finding what
> parameters each sub command accepts. So again what would be a good name I
> imagine Getopt::something (SubCommand?)
>
> Any suggestions would be helpful
>
> Thanks
> Ivan Wills
>
> --
> email/jabber: ivan.wills@gmail.com
> /
> / _ _
> / \ / | | | |

I'm now thinking of calling the module Template::CMD or possibly
Template::CLI depending on weather I use App::CMD or App::CLI does this make
sense?

--
email/jabber:  ivan.wills@gmail.com
  /