develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Re: Template oriented module

From:
Ivan Wills
Date:
June 15, 2008 16:55
Re: Template oriented module
Message ID:
5d857fbe0806151654y40739013se37b38cdf1fd1179@mail.gmail.com
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Hans Dieter Pearcey <
hdp.perl.module-authors@weftsoar.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 06:44:53AM +1000, Ivan Wills wrote:
> > Finally I have been thinking of creating  a module to handle svn (or cvs,
> net
> > etc) like commandline parameters (ie cmd subcmd -parms ...) which I will
> use
> > with this module (and also sick on CPAN). It will use Getopt::Long for
> most of
> > its functionality but will be able to do work of finding what parameters
> each
> > sub command accepts. So again what would be a good name I imagine
> > Getopt::something (SubCommand?)
>
> I don't have suggestions on the rest, but don't reinvent this wheel; look
> at
> App::Cmd and App::CLI (and there are probably others on CPAN that I don't
> know
> of).
>
> hdp.

App::Cmd looks interesting but I'm not sure it does exactly what I need but
will check it out further. As for App::CLI it could do with some
documentation to describe what it does and how to use it.

Ivan

--
email/jabber: ivan.wills@gmail.com
/