develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Re: Template oriented module

From:
Hans Dieter Pearcey
Date:
June 15, 2008 16:10
Re: Template oriented module
Message ID:
20080615222716.GA3316@glaive.weftsoar.net
On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 06:44:53AM +1000, Ivan Wills wrote:
> Finally I have been thinking of creating  a module to handle svn (or cvs, net
> etc) like commandline parameters (ie cmd subcmd -parms ...) which I will use
> with this module (and also sick on CPAN). It will use Getopt::Long for most of
> its functionality but will be able to do work of finding what parameters each
> sub command accepts. So again what would be a good name I imagine
> Getopt::something (SubCommand?)

I don't have suggestions on the rest, but don't reinvent this wheel; look at
App::Cmd and App::CLI (and there are probably others on CPAN that I don't know
of).

hdp.