develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Template oriented module

From:
Ivan Wills
Date:
June 15, 2008 13:45
Subject:
Template oriented module
Message ID:
5d857fbe0806151344n38aca767h9a05378b5153439a@mail.gmail.com
Hi,

I have been working on converting a script that I have been using for my
self for a while which I use as a templating engine in vim and for creating
whole new files (and soon creating whole directory trees from templates). It
uses template toolkit for the actual templates.

I have several questions about this before I try to put the module on CPAN
first what should I call this (my current script is called itemplate but
that doesn't seem to fit with CPAN naming conventions).

The next question is should I include the templates I use with the module? I
have templates that generate perl scripts and packages that follow PBP as
well as XHML skelitons etc. If I include these template files, how do I make
Module::Build install them and how do I determine where the templates have
been installed so that I can create the Template toolkit path correctly?

Finally I have been thinking of creating  a module to handle svn (or cvs,
net etc) like commandline parameters (ie cmd subcmd -parms ...) which I will
use with this module (and also sick on CPAN). It will use Getopt::Long for
most of its functionality but will be able to do work of finding what
parameters each sub command accepts. So again what would be a good name I
imagine Getopt::something (SubCommand?)

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks
Ivan Wills