develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Re: CPANTS has_test_pod* metrics

From:
Eric Wilhelm
Date:
June 11, 2008 09:21
Re: CPANTS has_test_pod* metrics
Message ID:
200806110921.12311.ewilhelm@cpan.org
# from Hans Dieter Pearcey
# on Tuesday 10 June 2008 11:54:

>I wonder if it is worth having some set of metrics that CPANTS trusts
> META.yml for:
>
>  kwalitee:
>    pod_covered: 1
>    use_strict: 1
>    author_is_friendly: 1

Indeed.  But we can also use data as a boolean and thus send-along a bit
more information:

  pod_covered: {Test::Pod::CoverageStatic: 0.02}
  use_strict: {via: Moose}
  coverage: {Devel::Cover: 0.64, options: ...}

Or similar.

I wonder whether it should be in the kwalitee key though.  Some of this
info (as Paul mentioned) is useful for other things -- like verifying
the claim.

--Eric
--
Turns out the optimal technique is to put it in reverse and gun it.
--Steven Squyres (on challenges in interplanetary robot navigation)