develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Re: Fwd: New CPANTS metrics

From:
Gabor Szabo
Date:
June 10, 2008 13:06
Re: Fwd: New CPANTS metrics
Message ID:
d8a74af10806101306r322087e0rf94d0027e1344a02@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Eric Roode <eric.roode.phlpm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So I can quickly break the module. Maybe I won't even notice but
>> someone who uses my version will start complaining. To you...
>> I might be a bit more clever and add use strict and use warnings before
>> I start changing your code.
>> But what if you used symbolic refs in some areas?
>> Now it won't compile and I have no clue in which area to disable strict.
>
> Then keep your grubby hands off my damn module!  :-)

You don't want to know how many times I find CPAN modules
included in in-house applications. Sometimes renamed.
Sometimes changed.
You know, just a little bit...

Gabor