develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Re: CPANTS has_test_pod* metrics

From:
David Golden
Date:
June 10, 2008 10:24
Re: CPANTS has_test_pod* metrics
Message ID:
5d4beb40806101024q6a4dbb8bu6ac2635953e4edc6@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Eric Wilhelm
<scratchcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps.  Of course, just testing the pod and pod coverage would be more
> definitive and *could* certainly be done without running the code.

Not reliably.  No guarantee that coverage for a function is in the
same file. I could have lib/Foo/Bar/API.pod where I document
everything.  I can program Test:Pod::Coverage to look in the right
file for documentation so my release tests catch it.  But someone else
wouldn't know that.

(Which isn't to say that the current approach of looking for a "use
Test::Pod::Coverage" statement is any better.)

David