develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Re: New CPANTS metrics

From:
brian d foy
Date:
June 10, 2008 09:27
Re: New CPANTS metrics
Message ID:
100620081127294665%brian.d.foy@gmail.com
In article <5d4beb40806091527n2f70fc1ndf0b7562b29d0061@mail.gmail.com>,
David Golden <xdaveg@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 4:32 PM, Gabor Szabo <szabgab@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am sending this to both the module-authors list so you can be
> > aware of the new metrics and the perl-qa list as they might
> > have a few words as well regarding kwalitee.
>
> First, I have to say that I applaud and appreciate the effort that
> goes into developing new Kwalitee metrics -- however, I think that
> many ideas wind up less interesting or relevant than initially
> thought.

I'd like to see the metircs that only talk about the quality of the
distribution, and leave everything else alone. If it's something I can
fix by doing something to the distribution itself, measure it. If it's
anything else, leave it out. :)