develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from June 2008

Re: Fwd: New CPANTS metrics

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
June 10, 2008 08:42
Re: Fwd: New CPANTS metrics
Message ID:
20080610154155.GA29857@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 11:03:33AM -0400, Eric Roode wrote:

>    I do not wish to rain on anyone's parade, and I do not wish to
> quash anyone's enthusiasm for improving Perl or its wide-ranging
> library of modules.  However:
>
>    I cannot for the life of me figure out what sort of value there is
> to CPANTS or the Kwalitee metric.  It is a garbage bin of random
> metrics that people dream up, regardless of whether they are useful to
> the real-world end-user or to the module author.

If you see no value in it, just ignore it.  I'm sure it will do wonders
for your blood pressure.

     Repent through spending