develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2005

Perl editing support in Vim (was: FF:: namespace)

From:
A. Pagaltzis
Date:
December 3, 2005 19:39
Subject:
Perl editing support in Vim (was: FF:: namespace)
Message ID:
20051204033904.GQ2824@klangraum
* Smylers <Smylers@stripey.com> [2005-12-04 03:35]:
> That's because the default ftplugin/perl.vim sets iskeyword to
> include the colon, so that all gets treated as a single word.
>
> It seems that I override that in my
> ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/perl.vim,
>
> Until now I hadn't seen a disadvantage of removing that colon,
> but now you've pointed that out I'm going to have to choose
> between putting up with that bug in syntax highlighting or
> making namespaces more awkward to complete ...

Another disadvantage, and a reason I could never live without
that colon: move the cursor on top of a module name, then hit
[Ctrl-W][f] or [g][f].

Neat, no?

It could be smarter yet (it only works relative to @INC or the
current directory; hmm, now that I think about it I may have an
idea for to fix that…), but even as is it’s incredibly useful to
me.

Regards,
--
#Aristotle
*AUTOLOAD=*_;sub _{s/(.*)::(.*)/print$2,(",$\/"," ")[defined wantarray]/e;$1};