develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2005

Re: FF:: namespace (was: New module: FLV file parsing)

From:
Daniel T. Staal
Date:
Re: FF:: namespace (was: New module: FLV file parsing)
Message ID:
58131.63.172.115.138.1133557189.squirrel@MageHandbook.com
On Fri, December 2, 2005 12:50 pm, Eric Wilhelm said:

> Now consider the more comprehensible, discoverable single tree under
> FF::
>
> FF::GBF - Front end to GBF read/write interface
> FF::GBF::Parser
> FF::GBF::Bytes
> FF::GBF::DOM
> FF::GBF::Constants
> FF::GBF::Writer
> FF::GBF::Simple
> FF::GBF::Writer::Stream
>
> Does that sound better?

It's better than the other examples, which doesn't mean it is good.  How
about FileFormat:: ?

FileFormat::GBF - Front end to GBF read/write interface
FileFormat::GBF::Parser
FileFormat::GBF::Bytes
FileFormat::GBF::DOM
FileFormat::GBF::Constants
FileFormat::GBF::Writer
FileFormat::GBF::Simple
FileFormat::GBF::Writer::Stream

Now you know just by looking at it what it means: GBF is a file format,
and we have a parser, writer, stream, etc. for that format.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.