develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2005

Re: New module: FLV file parsing

From:
David Landgren
Date:
Re: New module: FLV file parsing
Message ID:
43907571.5050903@landgren.net
Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> # from David Nicol
> # on Wednesday 30 November 2005 02:18 pm:
>
>> isn't there a multimedia name space?  name spaces per-product
>> that is being supported make sense --- Flash::parseFLV perhaps?
>
> What else will appear in the Flash:: namespace?  Will macromedia release
> a pure perl version?
>
> What all file format parsers and dumpers have in common is that they
> deal with File Formats.  In a lot of cases, the only module that is
> going to be created is for that format.  I'm working on CAD::DXF for
> now, but would rather name it FF::DXF, similarly with FF::SVG, FF::XAR,
> FF::PDF, etc.
>
> FF::FLV sounds best to me.

In about 10 days time, I'm going to forget utterly that FF means File
Formats. Does it need to be so terse?

Tossing out another suggestion with this in mind: Parse::File::FLV

David
--
"It's overkill of course, but you can never have too much overkill."