develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from December 2005

Re: New module: FLV file parsing

From:
Eric Wilhelm
Date:
Re: New module: FLV file parsing
Message ID:
200512011341.06759.ewilhelm@cpan.org
# from David Nicol
# on Wednesday 30 November 2005 02:18 pm:

>isn't there a multimedia name space?  name spaces per-product
>that is being supported make sense --- Flash::parseFLV perhaps?

What else will appear in the Flash:: namespace?  Will macromedia release
a pure perl version?

What all file format parsers and dumpers have in common is that they
deal with File Formats.  In a lot of cases, the only module that is
going to be created is for that format.  I'm working on CAD::DXF for
now, but would rather name it FF::DXF, similarly with FF::SVG, FF::XAR,
FF::PDF, etc.

FF::FLV sounds best to me.

--Eric
--