develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

Re: [RFC] Pod2::Perldoc - new module proposal

From:
Kurt Starsinic
Date:
Re: [RFC] Pod2::Perldoc - new module proposal
Message ID:
3cf4c0860511220613u4a248fcand510da77ad129f5b@mail.gmail.com
On 11/22/05, David Landgren <david@landgren.net> wrote:
> Kurt Starsinic wrote:
> > On 11/22/05, Enrico Sorcinelli <enrico@sorcinelli.it> wrote:
> >> Pod2::Perldoc is an improved distribution of Perldoc, the program for reading
> >> Pod documentation.
> >>
> >> It's available at http://modperl.it/POD2-IT/Pod2-Perldoc-3.14.tar.gz
> >
> > Enrico,
> >
> > Your patches look both useful and interesting.  I recommend that you
> > apply a bit more pressure to get your patch integrated into the core
> > (or to get some valid criticism on your patch), rather than publishing
> > a new module.  This is what I request of you:
> >
> > 1. Publish your patch to perl5-porters one more time.  *Make sure*
> > that it applies cleanly against 5.9.2.  Cc: Sean Burke and me.
>
> 5.9.2 was released over six months ago, and the source has moved on
> quite a bit since then. The patch must apply cleanly against blead for
> it to have a chance.
>
> > 2. Wait a couple of days.
> > 3. If and when you don't get a response, email Hugo van der Sanden and
> > Rafael Garcia-Suarez, cc:ing me.  Ask them to apply your patch.  Point
> > them at the URL for the archived email from (1.).
>
> There's no point in hassling Hugo about this, he's no longer in the loop.

David,

Thanks for the corrections.  I never remember who is pumpking for
what, and I went by <http://dev.perl.org/perl5/docs/perlhack.html>.
I'll ping the perl.org team about that.

- Kurt