develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

Re: [RFC] Pod2::Perldoc - new module proposal

From:
David Landgren
Date:
Re: [RFC] Pod2::Perldoc - new module proposal
Message ID:
4383253B.8030705@landgren.net
Kurt Starsinic wrote:
> On 11/22/05, Enrico Sorcinelli <enrico@sorcinelli.it> wrote:
>> Pod2::Perldoc is an improved distribution of Perldoc, the program for reading
>> Pod documentation.
>>
>> It's available at http://modperl.it/POD2-IT/Pod2-Perldoc-3.14.tar.gz
>
> Enrico,
>
> Your patches look both useful and interesting.  I recommend that you
> apply a bit more pressure to get your patch integrated into the core
> (or to get some valid criticism on your patch), rather than publishing
> a new module.  This is what I request of you:
>
> 1. Publish your patch to perl5-porters one more time.  *Make sure*
> that it applies cleanly against 5.9.2.  Cc: Sean Burke and me.

5.9.2 was released over six months ago, and the source has moved on
quite a bit since then. The patch must apply cleanly against blead for
it to have a chance.

> 2. Wait a couple of days.
> 3. If and when you don't get a response, email Hugo van der Sanden and
> Rafael Garcia-Suarez, cc:ing me.  Ask them to apply your patch.  Point
> them at the URL for the archived email from (1.).

There's no point in hassling Hugo about this, he's no longer in the loop.

David
--
"It's overkill of course, but you can never have too much overkill."