develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

Re: [RFC] Pod2::Perldoc - new module proposal

From:
Kurt Starsinic
Date:
Re: [RFC] Pod2::Perldoc - new module proposal
Message ID:
3cf4c0860511220551y18f91361q2fa58664a55ea77e@mail.gmail.com
On 11/22/05, Enrico Sorcinelli <enrico@sorcinelli.it> wrote:
> Pod2::Perldoc is an improved distribution of Perldoc, the program for reading
> Pod documentation.
>
> It's available at http://modperl.it/POD2-IT/Pod2-Perldoc-3.14.tar.gz

Enrico,

Your patches look both useful and interesting.  I recommend that you
apply a bit more pressure to get your patch integrated into the core
(or to get some valid criticism on your patch), rather than publishing
a new module.  This is what I request of you:

1. Publish your patch to perl5-porters one more time.  *Make sure*
that it applies cleanly against 5.9.2.  Cc: Sean Burke and me.
2. Wait a couple of days.
3. If and when you don't get a response, email Hugo van der Sanden and
Rafael Garcia-Suarez, cc:ing me.  Ask them to apply your patch.  Point
them at the URL for the archived email from (1.).
4. If they don't respond to your email, email me and I'll prod them.
5. If they do respond to your email, but they don't like your patch,
then you are on your own.  ;^)

Good luck,
Kurt