develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

RFC - Data::SelectWithoutReplacement

From:
David Landgren
Date:
RFC - Data::SelectWithoutReplacement
Message ID:
437CF9E0.7090200@landgren.net
People,

I have a simple module written and as far as I can tell, there's nothing
on CPAN that does this. (Algorithm::Permute might, but it segfaults on
my machine).

 From the POD:

Data::SelectWithoutReplacement - Generate all subsets of a list of elements

=head1 VERSION

This document describes version 0.01 of Data::SelectWithoutReplacement,
released 2005-mm-dd.

=head1 SYNOPSIS

   use Data::SelectWithoutReplacement;

   my $d = Data::SelectWithoutReplacement->new( 3, 1, 4 );
   while (my $r = $d->next) {
     print "@$r\n";
   }

   # prints
   3 1 4
   1 4
   3 4
   4
   3 1
   1
   3

__END__

There are a few more goodies that I've thrown into the mix but my main
question concerns the name. Is it good? Did you understand what the
module would do when your saw the subject of this message in your inbox?
Is there a better name(?:space)? for this?

(I rule out Algorithm::*, since the you're not actually supposed to care
how it does its business, only that it does it).

Thanks for your input,
David