develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

PPM "Fails" Question - What did I do wrong?

From:
Troy Denkinger
Date:
November 14, 2005 13:19
Subject:
PPM "Fails" Question - What did I do wrong?
Message ID:
4378F40E.8010002@pokergeek.com
I was looking around the ActiveState PPM repository today and I noticed
that a module I released recently was reported as having failed on most,
but not all, platforms.  I'd like this module to appear in the
ActiveState repository, so I figure I better fix my code up.

My problem is that I don't really understand the error reported:

"Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL"
"Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile..."
	nmake -f Makefile.old
Microsoft (R) Progr	D:\cpanrun\build\5-8-0\bin\perl.exe Makefile.PL
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing MakNMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'false' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
een rebuilt. <=="
"==> Please rerun the make command.  <=="
	false

Attempts to Google pertinent parts of the error didn't really shed any
light - at least for my feeble mind.  The module was created on Windows
XP and built using nmake and Gnu tar/gzip.  It installed fine from the
.gz file on my test platforms.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Troy