develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

Looking for a name for a module

From:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9?= Castro
Date:
November 12, 2005 04:10
Subject:
Looking for a name for a module
Message ID:
20051112121004.GA23588@natura.di.uminho.pt
Hi, all.

You know the drill O:-)

Here's what the module will do:

 - you give it a set of texts (usually two, but can be more)
 - without knowing the language of each text, the module tells you how
   likely it is that those texts are translations of each other

This is achieved by looking a number of things, from the length of the
text to the punctuation used. I already have a bunch of code, but in
the form of a script somewhere, so I'd like a name for this to rewrite
it and release as a module (it's also part of a bigger project).

It would probably be something in the "Text" of "Lingua" namespace, and it
would probably include something like "Translations" or "Parallel".

I would really like to avoid using "Guesser". The module doesn't
guess, it estimates (but "Estimate" isn't a good word either, I think).

  Text::AreTranslations? :-\

Advice, anyone?

TIA, :-)

jac