develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

Re: Module abstract: Is its length still limited?

From:
andreas.koenig.gmwojprw
Date:
Re: Module abstract: Is its length still limited?
Message ID:
8764r2mi7p.fsf@k75.linux.bogus

 >> I will be very happy if you guys decide something and let me know.
 >> I'll adjust the code for the forms on PAUSE then.
 >>
  > It's not clear to me which "guys" get to make this decision.

I would trust the module-authors mailing list if there is some
apparent consensus.

  > I don't know how the original 44-character limit came about.

As already posted in this thread by Sam Vilain, this goes back to the
currently unmaintained document
http://www.cpan.org/modules/00modlist.long.html which is kind of the
uncle of CPAN.

--