develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

Re: Module abstract: Is its length still limited?

From:
Ricardo SIGNES
Date:
Re: Module abstract: Is its length still limited?
Message ID:
20051108020840.GM27557@manxome.org
* "Andreas J. Koenig" <andreas.koenig.gmwojprw@franz.ak.mind.de> [2005-11-07T17:29:50]
> I will be very happy if you guys decide something and let me know.
> I'll adjust the code for the forms on PAUSE then.

Here's my official vote:

(length $module_name + length $abstract + 3) should be under 80.

This means that the whole header and abstract will fit in one line.
That's more than 44 characters for short module names.  Longer module
names, which should be pretty descriptive, need shorter abstracts.

Wombat - a framework for building reusable fruit-counting applications
Application::Framework::FruitCounting - for reusable produce applications

--
rjbs