develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

Re: Module abstract: Is its length still limited?

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
Re: Module abstract: Is its length still limited?
Message ID:
436D198E.8050602@yahoo.com
A. Pagaltzis wrote:
> * James E Keenan <jkeen_via_google@yahoo.com> [2005-11-05 13:35]:
>
>>Since the 44-character limit never applied to modules except
>>those intended for CPAN, and since it does not now appear to
>>apply to modules as they appear on search.cpan.org, I'm
>>inclined toward the latter approach.  Comments?
>

> I’d favour three different warnings – one for “abstract too long
> for CPAN”, one for “abstract is excessively long” (maybe at 200
> chars or so?), and one for “abstract is missing”.
>
> All advisory, though, no errors.

Thanks.  I'll probably incorporate some version of your and Ricardo's
suggestions in the next version of ExtUtils::ModuleMaker.

jimk