develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from November 2005

Re: Module abstract: Is its length still limited?

From:
A. Pagaltzis
Date:
Re: Module abstract: Is its length still limited?
Message ID:
20051105152408.GE4409@klangraum
* James E Keenan <jkeen_via_google@yahoo.com> [2005-11-05 13:35]:
> Since the 44-character limit never applied to modules except
> those intended for CPAN, and since it does not now appear to
> apply to modules as they appear on search.cpan.org, I'm
> inclined toward the latter approach.  Comments?

I’d favour three different warnings – one for “abstract too long
for CPAN”, one for “abstract is excessively long” (maybe at 200
chars or so?), and one for “abstract is missing”.

All advisory, though, no errors.

Regards,
--
#Aristotle
*AUTOLOAD=*_=sub{s/(.*)::(.*)/print$2,(",$\/"," ")[defined wantarray]/e;$1};