develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2005

Re: Tests needing user parameters

From:
Sam Vilain
Date:
October 20, 2005 16:26
Re: Tests needing user parameters
Message ID:
1129850793.18953.58.camel@wilber.wgtn.cat-it.co.nz
On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 21:51 +0100, Jess Robinson wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm writing a module which will need user account data for it's tests, and
> I'm wondering if theres a standard way (or module) for doing this..
>
> Else I'll guess I'll look for environment variables and otherwise not
> test, any ideas?

Look at the Tangram test suite in 2.08_05; it asks for information about
where to find a database to connect for tests, saves the information to
a state file in t/.  It also correctly handles the situation where no
information is given, by altering the test manifest.

It doesn't use ExtUtils::MakeMaker::prompt, though arguably it should.

Sam.