develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2005

Re: Tests needing user parameters

From:
David Landgren
Date:
October 20, 2005 14:11
Re: Tests needing user parameters
Message ID:
435807D4.8060009@landgren.net
A. Pagaltzis a écrit :
> * David Landgren <david@landgren.net> [2005-10-20 10:30]:

[...]

>>If there's a standard way of doing it, it would be really nice
>>that it understood when it was being run in a smoke
>>environment, and asked no questions and used built-in defaults.
>

> That’s exactly what EU::MM’s prompt() function and
> Module::Build’s prompt() method do/are for.

Hmmm. I just looked at XML::Twig, because I remember smoking it a few
weeks ago and it blocked, asking about whether I wanted to install
various doodads. I checked the source this afternoon:

   http://search.cpan.org/src/MIROD/XML-Twig-3.22/Makefile.PL

In which we clearly see that mirod is using EU::MM's prompt() function.

So there's something else occurring. Perhpas CPANPLUS so cleverly
emulates a real session that EU::MM can't distinguish whether STDIN is
attached to a tty or not. Time to go gonzui diving.

David