develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2005

Re: Tests needing user parameters

From:
Barbie
Date:
October 20, 2005 05:26
Re: Tests needing user parameters
Message ID:
1129811167.43578cdfd7c1a@messagecentre.easynetdial.co.uk
Quoting David Landgren <david@landgren.net>:

> A. Pagaltzis wrote :
> > * David Landgren <david@landgren.net> [2005-10-20 10:30]:
>
> [...]
>
> >>If there's a standard way of doing it, it would be really nice
> >>that it understood when it was being run in a smoke
> >>environment, and asked no questions and used built-in defaults.
> >

> > That’s exactly what EU::MM’s prompt() function and
> > Module::Build’s prompt() method do/are for.
>
> Ha, ++aristotle. I can see I'll be filing bug reports/patches for a while :)

During cpan smoke testing, if the tester is using CPAN::YACSmoke the environment
variable, $ENV{AUTOMATED_TESTING} is also set to indicate to the author that
smoke testing is being performed.

Barbie
--
Barbie (@missbarbell.co.uk) | Birmingham Perl Mongers user group |