develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2005

Re: Tests needing user parameters

From:
Jess Robinson
Date:
October 20, 2005 04:16
Re: Tests needing user parameters
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.58.0510201213450.12736@insel.m.isar.de

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, A. Pagaltzis wrote:

> * David Landgren <david@landgren.net> [2005-10-20 10:30]:
> > Jess Robinson wrote:
> > >Right, I'd seen a few modules do this, but.. Is there a
> > >*standard* way of doing it? Those Makefile.PLs tend to look
> > >cluttered and confusing IMO.. a nice:
> > >
> > >use Test::Auth;
> > >get_user_fields("user", "password");
> > >
> > >would be preferable.. (hmmm, could write something that does
> > >that, using IO::Prompt.. anyone interested?)
> >
> > If there's a standard way of doing it, it would be really nice
> > that it understood when it was being run in a smoke
> > environment, and asked no questions and used built-in defaults.
>
> That's exactly what EU::MM's prompt() function and
> Module::Build's prompt() method do/are for.

Thanks, that sounds like what I was looking for!

(hmm, assuming I can pass the results on to make test.. I'll have a look)

Jess