develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2005

Re: Tests needing user parameters

From:
Jess Robinson
Date:
October 19, 2005 14:50
Re: Tests needing user parameters
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.58.0510192246200.12736@insel.m.isar.de

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005, Tim Maher wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:51:12PM +0100, Jess Robinson wrote:
> >
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I'm writing a module which will need user account data for it's tests, and
> > I'm wondering if there's a standard way (or module) for doing this..
>
> What do you mean by "user account data"?
>
> Perhaps UNIX/Linux UIDs and GIDs?

Oops, sorry, thought it made sense ;)

My module will login to a web service and manipulate data
programmatically.. Nothing critical I assure you, just a tool ;) Since
theres no dummy/test account that I know of, I'll need the users
account/email address and password to login.

Jess