develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2005

Branded naming and Rose - good abstracts

From:
John Siracusa
Date:
October 5, 2005 12:11
Subject:
Branded naming and Rose - good abstracts
Message ID:
BF699D82.22FF2%siracusa@mindspring.com
On 10/5/05, David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe leave the name alone but change the abstract?
>
> "A URI object built for easy and efficient manipulation" may be
> true but it doesn't tell us:  manipulation of what, by what, nor
> that it is compatible with the URI in many ways.  Perhaps
> "standalone module for constructing URIs by building them from pieces
>  with emphasis on accreted query strings"

Yes, my abstracts are pretty awful.  I need to change a bunch of them.  I
also need to fix my POD to include proper L<...> links and such.

Anyway, I'm not sure about prefixing all of the abstracts with "standalone
module for..."  I guess that gets the point across (assuming people read the
abstracts, of course...Dave, did you? :) but it seems clunky to me.

Maybe this?

"A URI object built for easy and efficient manipulation of query parameters
and other URI components."

Actually let's try "standalone"

"A standalone URI object built for easy and efficient manipulation of query
parameters and other URI components."

Hm...

-John