develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from October 2005

MonetDB::CLI

From:
Steffen Goeldner
Date:
October 4, 2005 15:19
MonetDB::CLI
Message ID:
43429ADE.6000702@cpan.org
I'm working on MonetDB::CLI, a Call Level Interface for MonetDB

   <http://monetdb.cwi.nl>

This interface is similar to SQL/CLI, ODBC, JDBC or DBI, but
MonetDB specific (more like Oracle::OCI).
Various implementations MonetDB::CLI::* will exist (at least,
that's my plan).
I'm aware that the Module List suggests: "Also, don't make up
a new top level category unless you have a good reason; please
choose an already-existing category when possible." However,
most DBMS occupy a top level name (e.g. BerkeleyDB, BTRIEVE,
MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, Sybase) and I see no appropriate
superordinate category (apart from Db, which I don't like
because of possible clashes with DB - especially on case-
insensitive file systems.
Anyway, I'd like to obtain some opinions regarding this
namespace.

Steffen Goeldner