develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from September 2005

Module abstract: Is its length still limited?

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
September 5, 2005 01:09
Module abstract: Is its length still limited?
Message ID:
20050905010236.26376.qmail@lists.develooper.com
IIRC, there was once a 44-character limit to the length of a CPAN module
abstract:  the brief description which follows the module's name in the
NAME section of POD.

But when I uploaded a module a couple of hours ago, I noted that, at
least on search.cpan.org, an abstract much longer than 44 characters was
fully displayed.

Has this restriction been relaxed?  Did it ever exist?  I searched
perlmod, perlnewmod, perlmodstyle, etc., as well as googling this
group's archives, but came up with very little re module abstracts?

Thank you very much.

Jim Keenan