develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from February 2005

Algorithm::RootFind Request for Comments

From:
Spencer Ogden
Date:
February 14, 2005 09:14
Algorithm::RootFind Request for Comments
Message ID:
4210DC68.4040905@spencerogden.com
I have a collection of functions for using numerical computation to
approximate the roots of arbitrary functions. It is a function library,
no OO. I am wondering where to put it, either Algorithm:: or Math::

Each different algorithm will be a function within the library, but they
all are root finding algorithms, hence the name. Any thoughts, or does
Algorithm::RootFind, seem like a good place to put this? Are there
similar libraries out there (I haven't been able to find any)?

Regards,

Spencer Ogden