develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from February 2005

URLs to Modules

From:
Ovid
Date:
February 7, 2005 20:12
Subject:
URLs to Modules
Message ID:
20050208041154.95095.qmail@web60806.mail.yahoo.com
Perhaps this is a silly question that I should know the answer to, but
is there a "canonical" url I can list for a module and always have that
point to the latest version?  Right now, my choices seem to be:

  http://search.cpan.org/~$AUTHOR/$MODULE-$VERSION/

Or the awful search URL which returns too many results:

  http://search.cpan.org/search?query=${MODULE}&mode=module

I really feel like I should know this (grr ...)

Cheers,
Ovid

=====
If this message is a response to a question on a mailing list, please send
follow up questions to the list.

Web Programming with Perl -- http://users.easystreet.com/ovid/cgi_course/