develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from February 2005

What to name the baby? (module naming advice)

From:
Rocco Caputo
Date:
February 6, 2005 16:24
Subject:
What to name the baby? (module naming advice)
Message ID:
20050206225601.GI34807@eyrie.homenet
I've written a module that threads chat messages, but I don't know
what to name it.  Chat::Threader comes to mind.
http://cpan.org/modules/by-module/ doesn't list a top-level Chat
namespace, though, and I'm loath to start one.

Usage is:

  my $threader = ModuleName->new();
  my ($msg_id, $referent_id) = $threader->observe($name, $text);

The two return values are the new message's unique ID, and the ID of
the message it most likely refers to.

Here's Tk::Tree displaying some recent IRC chatter.
http://poe.dyndns.org/~troc/tmp/irc-threads.png

--
Rocco Caputo - http://poe.perl.org/