develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from May 2004

getting rid of some unmaintained modules

From:
Gabor Szabo
Date:
May 7, 2004 15:00
Subject:
getting rid of some unmaintained modules
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.58.0405080047510.3101@gabor.pti.co.il

I have released 3 modules to CPAN earlier, when I thought it is fun to
have some modules up there. Actually they don't do much there so I'd
like to get rid of them.
Two of them have never really worked so I can safely assume no one uses
them. I think I can just delete all of their copies from CPAN, right ?

Regarding the 3rd one Array::Unique, I get once in a while some indication
that people are trying it and maybe even using it. Even though I don't
think that in its current state it is worth using it. (I even say so in
the docs.)
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Array-Unique/

Is there anyone who would like to take it over and make something more
useful out of it ?

If not, what shall I do if I'd like to get rid of it.
Shall I remove all of its copies from CPAN or shall leave the latest
version and put an empty module with the same name saying it will be
removed soon ?

regards
   Gabor