develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from May 2004

[RFC] - New module proposal: JavaScript::DebugConsole

From:
Enrico Sorcinelli
Date:
May 5, 2004 07:24
Subject:
[RFC] - New module proposal: JavaScript::DebugConsole
Message ID:
20040505162341.064b8cd1.enrico@sorcinelli.it
Hi all,

I packaged some my old and simple functions inside a Perl module (I was tired to
do cut&paste each time :-) ) to generate the necessary JavaScript code in order
to open a popup window with custom text and typical web development useful infos
(like form params, env vars, HTTP headers and so on).

For example:

my $jdc = new JavaScript::DebugConsole( %args );
$js_code_to_put_in_html_page = $jdc->debugConsole(
	content => $content,
	title => $title',
	auto_open => 1 );
$link_to_open_popup = $jdc->link;

(There are also other methods and properties).

Of course before coding, I've searched similar modules over CPAN with no
significant results.
So, I'm considering to put it on CPAN. It will be useful? It is a good name?
Maybe CGI::JavaScript::DebugConsole, JavaScript::Popup*, JavaScript::*, [...]
sounds better?

Any suggestions and/or criticisms are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

by

	- Enrico