bag-o-code release?

From:
Eric Wilhelm
Date:
November 19, 2003 07:56
Subject:
bag-o-code release?
Message ID:
200311190957.08579.ewilhelm@sbcglobal.net
It's been over a month now since I've felt that the CAD::Drawing module is
ready for release but I still cannot get the time to figure out how to setup
a makefile and get everything to install automagically.

I've gotten a few e-mails from potential users who had read my initial README
and all have said that they would like to use it regardless of the
development state.

Right now, the installation would have to be fairly manual and there is no
test suite.  But it will likely be another month or more before I get a
chance to dig into all of that.

Should I just put everything in a tarball and upload it to CPAN with the hope
that someone else could write a makefile and test suite?

What happens when the auto-tester finds no tests?  I'm somewhat concerned
about the etiquette of an install-it-yourself release, as well as the
potential number of cannot-install e-mails that might go with it.

I'd like to hear any advice you might have on this.

Thanks,
Eric
--
"But as to modern architecture, let us drop it and let us take
modernistic out and shoot it at sunrise."