Re: Author's namespace

From:
fergal@esatclear.ie
Date:
Re: Author's namespace
Message ID:
197180-2200311514153148807@M2W040.mail2web.com
From: A. Pagaltzis pagaltzis@gmx.de
> I wasn't saying the code was trash - but a carelessly chosen name
> and no documentation do make it clutter..

I agree it's clutter that's why I'd like it not to be included when people
search. The name is chosen for my convenience and mine only. As Mark
mentioned in his mail, it's more of a personal style thing and as Mark
mentioned it could be a bad idea as people start building repositories of
their own secret modules rather than making the effort to release them
properly.

> How about putting the module under the *same* name in all your
> distributions that use it? This doesn't avoid duplication on
> CPAN, granted - but does avoid it on the user end. Instead of
> calling it Test::Deep:MM, Foo::Bar::MM, Baz::Quux::MM etc
> depending on the distro, just stick it in all distros under the
> same name, maybe something like Class::MyMethodMk.

But that will clash with Blah-Blah's Class::MyMethodMk.

Anyway, I'm not too stressed about the whole thing.

I'm more interested in a related Proposed:: namespace which came up in
passing. As in

Proposed::FDALY::Hey::ModuleAuthors::IsThis::A::GoodName::For::ThisModule

http://mail2web.com/ .