Re: How to indicate a dependency in my module

From:
A. Pagaltzis
Date:
Re: How to indicate a dependency in my module
Message ID:
20031113154902.GA1597@klangraum
* Bruno Negrao <qmail@engepel.com.br> [2003-11-13 16:32]:
> Even if I use the technique you suggested, when an automated
> cpan-tester went to install my module, it will fail if it
> didn't have daemontools installed, right?

I'm not sure how CPAN testers would react to that result, but
even if they report a failure (which would be stupid really), it
would at least be a failure with *no* tests executed.

And I would *hope* that "refuses to install" is a different beast
for CPAN testers than "fails tests" anyway.

> I would like to print a warning message to the STDERR in order
> to advise about it,

I suggested that exact thing. ;)

> but I don't know how a cpan-tester would react if it find some
> output to STDERR...

Depends on how automated CPAN tester tests are.. if the process
is even a bit manual, then what I suggested would be your best
bet.

--
Regards,
Aristotle

"If you can't laugh at yourself, you don't take life seriously enough."