Re: [Module::Build] Re: How to indicate a dependency in my module

From:
Christopher Hicks
Date:
Re: [Module::Build] Re: How to indicate a dependency in my module
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.44.0311121037090.8559-100000@yakko.chicks.net
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 Phil.Moore@morganstanley.com wrote:
> So, if I understand this correctly, you're worried about the build
> process eval'ing the contents of a file I sent you.  Hmm.
>
> OK, why is that anymore of a concern for eval'ing the perl module I
> also distributed, too?  Isn't that just as big a security hole?

There are any number of reasons I may be interested in examining your
module for extracting documentation and dependancies without actually
running a single line of your code.  The safer we make this sort of thing
the more things like search.cpan.org and various more recent alternatives
we'll have.

--
</chris>

> What the US needs is a Manhattan Project for alternative energy to oil.
They should threaten their enemies with windmills?
		- BabyDave on /.