Re: How to indicate a dependency in my module

From:
darren chamberlain
Date:
Re: How to indicate a dependency in my module
Message ID:
8633d750dd541d7472653c30bd4f2165f2808179@tumbleweed.boston.com
* Randy W. Sims <RandyS at ThePierianSpring.org> [2003-11-10 15:49]:
> Also, as I noted in the AFS thread the other day, this info should be
> written in META.yml so that cpan-testers can determine programatically
> whether a module should be tested. Info like required non-perl packages
> and libraries, whether the build/test/install process is interactive (or
> scriptable) or automated, and whether it runs only on certain OSs or
> excludes certain OSs.

I like this idea; I must have not been paying close enough attention to
your other message.  How could it be done, though?  I can see a simple
exression -> expected value scheme working for a lot of things (e.g.,
"$^0 eq 'MacOS'", or "eval { getpwuid };" ), but how would things like
AFS be detectible?

(darren)

--
There is no hell. There is only France.