Re: My new module Proc::Daemontools

From:
Bruno Negrao
Date:
Re: My new module Proc::Daemontools
Message ID:
002e01c3a787$10dabca0$5100a8c0@plugway.com.br
> What about:
>
> Daemontools::Install    install/uninstall a server under daemontools
>                         (i.e. `ln -s /path-to-startup-dir /service` ...)
>
> Daemontools::Configure  daemontools server configuration
>                         (i.e. `touch /service/qmail/down` ...)
>
> Daemontools::Run or
> Daemontools::Control    your package
>
> Daemontools::whatever   ...

Hi Tulio,

I decided to use the name Proc::Daemontools. I asked it to Russell
Nelson(the man hosting the Qmail site) and he agreed with this name.
Daemontools is to work with processes, so this name fits well for it.

I donĀ“t think these features you suggested would be that practical because
people are not installing new daemons  every day.
When someone wants to install a new service to daemontools, he must read the
documentations and make the installation manually.

The actions that people do everyday is start/stop the daemons and see their
status. This is what I implemented in my module.

I can, if requested, implement in my module interfaces for the rest of
executables of daemontools, as readproctitle, tai64nlocal, etc.

Thank you for yor opinion,
bnegrao.