RE: Class::FakeAttributes -- Opinions Wanted

From:
Orton, Yves
Date:
RE: Class::FakeAttributes -- Opinions Wanted
Message ID:
71B318898201D311845C0008C75DAD1C08961386@defra1ex2
> That said, I've given up on automating non-trivial
> accessors/mutators.

I wouldnt say that I've given up, but I dont think ive ever used any of the
class based method generaotrs beside Class::Struct and even not that many
times.

However I often write my own loops that generate various accessors, and
somewhat regularly implement generation via AUTOLOAD.

I find this keeps the control over the generated code in the right place,
and suits my thinking more than using one of the many Class:: modules out
there. I think this is one of the areas where rolling your own is better
than using a module. I know lots of people will consider me a heretic for
this but whatever. :-)

Yves