Re: Class::FakeAttributes -- Opinions Wanted

From:
Smylers
Date:
Re: Class::FakeAttributes -- Opinions Wanted
Message ID:
slrnbqdm3v.pi.Smylers@stripey.com
fergal@esatclear.ie writes:

> How about Class::SafeAttributes. Because you can safely add
> atrributes.

Except, as Aristotle notes, it isn't really that safe.

I wouldn't like to use that name and mislead people into thinking their
code is safer than it really is.

> Compared to FakeAttributes, it's more descriptive of the purpose
> rather than the implementation,

The purpose is to make up for not being able to use 'real' attributes
because the object isn't based on a hash-ref, so having to put them
somewhere else.

Smylers