develooper Front page | perl.module-authors | Postings from May 2002

Re: What does the "Acme" category represent?

Richard Clamp
May 24, 2002 10:02
Re: What does the "Acme" category represent?
Message ID:
On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 12:19:25PM -0400, WORENKLEIN, David, GCM wrote:
> Acme::Buffy and Acme::Colour don't seem to have anything to do with each other.
> (Is there a better place to post this kind of question?)

Acme:: modules are nonsense modules, which though sometimes are
technically interesting, may not be intended for serious work.

I think the name comes from the Acme corp, from which Wile E Coyote
buys his Roadrunner trapping gadgets.

Richard Clamp <>