develooper Front page | perl.makemaker | Postings from September 2011

Serious ExtUtils::MakeMaker bug in 6.58 & 6.59

From:
neal rauhauser
Date:
September 1, 2011 23:05
Subject:
Serious ExtUtils::MakeMaker bug in 6.58 & 6.59
Message ID:
CAMw-JPdMNQSU1gXS1MNH-Nj4-2UkNzwoMG0u1vkEJG_1nM5Jew@mail.gmail.com
  Gentlemen,

     I use a module called Net::Twitter and it depends on
ExtUtils::MakeMaker. I typically run on FreeBSD  and I tried this on
OpenBSD, too. An 'install Net::Twitter' consistently hangs on the creation
of MakeMaker.

    I have updated CPAN, tried to 'install ExtUtils::MakeMaker', and tried
to build it using /usr/ports/devel/p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker. All of them on
FreeBSD 6.4, 8.2, and OpenBSD 4.9 fail in a similar fashion, hanging on test
3 of 20 in t/INSTALL_BASE.t

    I have Googled a bit and I am not the only one reporting this trouble -
is there something else I would need to do beyond this in order to help hunt
down this bug? I am moving Friday, but this is getting urgent for me - got a
system that 700 Congressional staffers use that depend on this, we're losing
our hosting soon, and I can't install at a new location :-(

                         Neal

Running make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/local/bin/perl "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib"
"-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')"
t/*.t
t/00compile.t ............. ok
t/arch_check.t ............ ok
t/backwards.t ............. ok