develooper Front page | perl.makemaker | Postings from January 2006

Re: Help with a Cwd.pm build error

From:
Randy W. Sims
Date:
January 25, 2006 01:20
Re: Help with a Cwd.pm build error
Message ID:
43D742B0.2020007@thepierianspring.org
Too tired to think properly, but...

demerphq wrote:
> Also, something that would be really useful would be a way to force
> perl to close all files. Ie, to unload all dll's, close any intenral
> filehandles kept open for __DATA__ and __END__ etc. Then this batch
> file malarky would be totally unnecessary.

I noticed recently that Steve(?) fixed Dynaloader::dl_unload_file() so
that it now on Windows. It /might/ be possible to unload the module &
reload it after the copy, but I'm not sure how safe that is...

It would likely have to be done soley inside EU::Install: determine if
file about to be copied is locked, unload, copy, reload, pray. Seems too
iffy.

I'll try to put more thought into it tomorrow.

Randy.